ITax Solutions offers unique and complete services for Trucking, Moving, or other Commercial vehicles transporting Cargo or 9 or more passengers in Interstate Commerce. 


A USDOT number is an identification number issued and used by the FMCSA and Department of Transportation to track and monitor a company's safety record.

There are states that require USDOT numbers for all commercial motor vehicle registrants such as: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New York, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.

MC – Interstate Operating Authority

         Carrier of Property - A for hire motor carrier that transports regulated property owned by others for compensation.

         Passenger Carrier* - A for hire motor carrier that transports passengers for compensation.

         Household Goods* - A for hire motor carrier that transports household goods (other peoples' personal belongings) for compensation (i.e. a moving company).

         Broker of Property - A person or company that arranges or offers to arrange for transportation of property by an authorized motor carrier. Brokers do not                   assume responsibility for the cargo.

Unified Carrier Registration (UCR)

The UCR (Unified Carrier Registration) is a program that replaced the (SSRS) Single State Registration System. The UCR Program requires individuals and companies that operate commercial motor vehicles in interstate or international commerce to register their business with a participating state and pay an annual fee based on the size of their fleet. This includes ALL carriers - private, exempt, or for hire. Brokers, freight forwarders and leasing companies are also required to register and pay a fee unless they also operate as a motor carrier.

International Fuel Tax Agreement (IFTA)

The International Fuel Tax Agreement (IFTA) is an agreement among states to report fuel taxes by interstate motor carriers. To register, you must have an established place of business in your base state from which motor carrier operations are performed, mileage must be accrued in that base state, your operating records of the fleet must be maintained or can be made available in your base state, and you must operate in at least one other IFTA jurisdiction.

How Can I Avoid IFTA Taxes Due at the End of Each Quarter?
You must buy fuel in each state that you run miles. The IFTA agreement states that you will pay the taxes the state charges at the pump on any mileage run in that state even if you did not purchase fuel there. Buying fuel in a "cheaper" state does not mean that you are saving money. This is called "fuel tax equalization" between states. 

Unified Registration System
The FMCSA has changed its requirements for ALL Interstate Carriers and USDOT Registrations are now at risk of revocation if you do not comply with the new requirements within the 90-day time frame. On December 12, 2015, the FMCSA launched the Unified Registration System (URS).
The URS is a new registration system for Motor Carriers, Brokers and Freight Forwarders. New applicants must now use the URS platform to register with the FMCSA. Furthermore, ALL current transportation companies will have their USDOT information switched over to the URS system starting January 14, 2017.
URS will enforce new Federal laws that now mandates all Interstate Carriers to have a Process Agent Designation (BOC3) and Insurance filing listed under their USDOT registration.